Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hurray! Shirt Making X

I paused for effect, "I finished my shirt." There was silence on the other end of the phone, then, "Oh wow, Kim . . . I'm so pleased. That's awesome." He should have been. It was thanks to my brother that it got finished. On the week-end he had given me a pep talk about buttonholes and my ability to do them. The basic idea was that I was no worse at doing button holes than anyone else and that I should get up the courage to do them. So I did.

I would detail how I managed to lose my button hole cutter between Monday and today (the gremlins are back!) or how I had to sew on some buttons twice to ensure they were properly placed, or how the machine didn't run entirely smoothly, but instead I am going to put up lots of pictures.

The Front:

The Back:


The Inside:
Note the flat felled seams (which caused problems during construction due to my inability to tell the right from the wrong side.)



The Armhole:

Again flat felled - not easy on a curve.


The Cuff:



Stitches so small, they looked like they had been by mice:

No comments: