Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Shameless Plagarism aka how to make a grilled cheese

Ages ago my cousin came to visit and I was stuck providing him with lunch. So I pulled out my version of grilled cheese sandwiches. He seemed to enjoy them and it wasn't until much later I was browsing his brother's blog (funny enough also my cousin) that I realised how much he had. For right smack there for the world to see was my recipe. So I have gleefully lifted it right off his website and pasted it in mine.

From way back in May 2005 .

The best Toasted Cheese Sandwiches ever (thanks to my cousin Kim for this one)

So here's how to get that incredible crispy on the outside, soft on the inside cheese sandwich. You will need:

Bread, cheese and butter

Method: Spread two slices of bread on one side with butter and place one butter side down in a heated frying pan. Now put on the cheese. At this point you can add lots of extra fillings like ham, tomato, pickle, mango chutney, etc. Now blonk the other slice of bread on top butter side up. Keep frying on a medium heat until the bottom is nicely browned, then turn down the heat and flip the sandwich over and fry till that side is done.

Simple and easy, but incredibly tasty and you don't have to bother with a sandwich toaster.

Well hopefully I'll get some more 'student grub that tastes like cordon-bleu' ideas up from time to time. But now its time for some revision, or maybe a sleep - I feel a bit nackered!

Enjoy the sandwiches and don't burn too many, its wasteful and cruel.

Geoff

No comments: