Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Always Carry a Tissue

This I found on an old msn space that I had forgotten about. In the interest of consolidating, I'm moving it over to here.

I was a little annoyed at this mother demanding a napkin just like that. I mean, napkins are over there with the other condiments. My job is to take your money. And then I saw it . . . you could not miss the mucus slowly descending out of this child's nose as he bent his head away from his upper body and held his hands out at the side for balance. It was impressive that it had gotten to that length without someone doing anything about it. Someone should really get that child a tissue. oh wait, superwoman with a heavy duty supply of tissue-like substances was apparently me.

And that's when I made a vow, when in charge of small children, you carry the purse like a suitcase and bring the entire box of kleenex. Because children want to see how long it will get, so you will have to notice the situation for yourself. or not care . . . which might be easier. You would definitely never have to wait in line again.

No comments: