Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Coconut Macroons

Part of the consolidation effort - from back in May 2005. Clearly me and cooking have been having trouble for some time. I remember this - it was a huge mess.


I like Coconut Macaroons . . . so I decided that I would make some so that when I had finished the commercial ones currently residing in our cupboard, no one would notice. Um, yes, you will notice the big flaw in this, I didn't until it was too late. So one disaster later and one panic phone call to my cooking fairy godmother, I had a disaster in a bowl and was starting another one in another bowl. This set worked but looked nothing like the ones I had finished eating. But now I had four egg yolks to use and a runny meringue- type stuff. Using my quick thinking skills, I determined that making a pie needing meringue topping would use up all the necessary ingredients. One pie shell made from scratch and the richest chocolate filling later (really what was I thinking), I slowly poured the meringue over the pie and it kept going . . . all over the stove . . . and the oven . . . and the oven mitt . . . and the floor.

THIS IS WHY I NEVER BAKE.

No comments: