Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Too Sane to Be Crazy

I've sometimes wished that I could just let go. That I could care less about what other people think of me and just do something that would startle everyone. Just because I could and because I wanted to.

On my way home tonight, I was waiting to cross the street. The light was just turning so there was no point in trying to nip across the street. A woman with a tattoo and wildish hair had gotten about half-way across the street before the light changed to orange. There was a car waiting to turn right in front of her path and it was slowly moving forward to make the turn. The woman flung her hands up in a fencer's display of defeat and went "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Needless to say, the car stopped. The woman flipped her hands as if to say haha- gotcha and sauntered onto the sidewalk chuckling. I collapsed into a fit of the giggles. The two gentlemen waiting with me on the corner, new to the area, asked in a hushed voice if there were many like that here. I looked at him with a smile, not here, normally they hang out about two streets over.

I've often wanted to do something like that. Having witnessed it, I know now I can't. You'd get locked up. You would join the ranks of the crazies on the bus. Having spent most of my student bus career avoiding them, I can't join their ranks. I doubt they'd accept me. I'm too sane to be that crazy.

No comments: