Wednesday, June 11, 2008

'Cuse me, Miss

All of a sudden, I saw her again. My eyes widened and I came to a rapid conclusion, "It's so unfair. I hate her" It's not personal. I don't know her. I'm sure if I did know her I would think she was a wonderful person. To be honest, I'm a little bit jealous of her - ok, I'm a seething pool of jealousy.

First of all she's taller than me

and she's thinner than me,

not that I need to be taller or thinner. That's really not the issue that I have.

She always seems to have good hair days.

If I remembered to buy the right product, I too could have good hair days.

The real issue is her clothes. Quite simply I haven't seen her yet wear an outfit that I didn't want - and I mean really want . I rarely look at someone and think, "Wow I wish I owned that." But she's a walking advertisement for clothes I wish I possessed. Today she was wearing a khaki dress that had safari influences. And I immediately wanted the dress - it would look fabulous on me! And I even have shoes that would be a perfect match. Except that she was wearing it and I have no idea where she bought it. I didn't want to run up to her and ask. That tends to freak people out. Plus she had bought it so if I bought it, we could end up wearing it on the same day, which would be awkward.

And then she would hate me.

But at least she would know that she was taller

and thinner

and had better hair days than me.

And that ought to be enough to keep her happy.

I mean, it doesn't bother me. I only want to know where she shops. Maybe I could become her new best friend. We could go shopping together.

No comments: