Sunday, June 10, 2007

It gurgles now!

Right now I am very excited. I am refraining from phoning all my friends.

"Do you have any bathtubs that are slow to drain? I can fix it."

With the help of a simple tool, google and a little bit of perserverence, I have unclogged my bathtub drain.

It was getting silly. I would have a shower and the water would slowly collect at my feet. It took forever for a bath to drain.

I live in an old building so I chalked it up to old pipes and bad design. Until I spent a week trying to slowly clean my bathtub. It had the nastiest ring around it simply because the water sat in the bath for so long while draining that all the soap residue clung to the side. I couldn't clean the tube because the water I used to clean it wouldn't drain away.

This week-end I went and bought a bathroom agar. I gave it a go and there was no inkling that I was getting anywhere near the problem. So I spent a few minutes on google and went and gave it another shot. Still nothing, back to google for the missing piece. Another go and success - it said you knew you'd done it when you pulled out something that looked like a dead mouse. Bingo, one dead mouse.

At this point I would normally describe how one goes about this, but I would much rather show you. I am ecstatic. I have saved a massive plumber bill. I have learned a new skill.

I wish I had more clogged drains to practise on. Plumbing is strangely satisfying.

1 comment:

JC said...

Wow... a dead mouse. Now that's an experience. Isn't your cat supposed to take care of them? :)